Saturday, February 11, 2012

Joan Loves.... "I Look To You" by Whitney Houston

Today we just lost another great voice of our generation. Today Whitney Houston was found dead in 4th floor of Beverly Hilton Hotel, a day before Grammy Night (source: news room CNN). This news breaks my heart.


Despite the addiction problem, I adore her voice and songs. I'm one of the people who grew up with her voice. I first know Whitney when I was a very little girl. My mum said, I also watched "Bodyguard" with my parents when I was 2 years old.


Everyone has their own favorite song of Whitney Houston,including me. My favorite song of all time is "I Look To You". It was a song produced in 2009,6 years after her last album "One Wish: The Holiday Album". I first hear this song accindentally when I switch the tv channel into MTV. And boy, how I glad I found this song :)







ang yes,darlings,this is the exact same song which Glee covered in season 2 . So glad they did it:







The Lyrics:


"I Look To You"



As I lay me down,
Heaven hear me now.
I'm lost without a cause
After giving it my all.Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun.
After all that I've been through
Who on earth can I turn to?I look to you.
I look to you.
After all my strength is gone,
In you I can be strong
I look to you.
I look to you.
And when melodies are gone,
In you I hear a song.
I look to you.

About to lose my breathe,
There's no more fighting left,
Sinking to rise no more,
Searching for that open door.


And every road that I've taken
Lead to my regret.
And I don't know if I'm going to make it.
Nothing to do but lift my head


I look to you.
I look to you.
After all my strength is gone,
In you I can be strong
I look to you.
I look to you.
And when melodies are gone,
In you I hear a song.
I look to you.


My levees are broken
My walls have come
Tumbling down on me


The rain is falling.
Defeat is calling.
I need you to set me free.


Take me far away from the battle.
I need you.
Shine on me.


I look to you.
I look to you.
After all my strength is gone,
In you I can be strong
I look to you.
I look to you.
And when melodies are gone,
In you I hear a song.
I look to you.





----------------------------------------------------------

Hearing her singing this song, I could feel the emotion of this song. Also the song really describe her struggle she's been through, being in addiction, a single mother, tough marriage/divorce,and another problem that made her down.


I think we all can relate to this song. All of us has problems that can bring us down badly and made us weak. But the song teaches me, when we loose our way and our strength after the struggles and the storm that hit our life, there will always One Source that will give us strength. If we just want to stop for a while, take a deep breathe, and look to God (It could be by praying or whatever way we choose to), we'll find Him there. He'll comfort us and give us the solution that we need to solve our problem.


Rest in Peace, Whitney Houston. I will always love you. You're one of a kind and there will be no diva like you :')

No comments:

Post a Comment