Thursday, July 28, 2011

Joan Loves...TANGLED

So, it's been like what? two months three months since my last post? Well, i am sorry because i have a lot to do in those months, mostly because of my stupid project and stuff( I'll get there in the next post).

For my first post in this end of July, I'd like to share one of my fave movies, TANGLED, that is. I know, I know.. it's an old movie. But, I'm in the mood for talking about it.


Story line:

After receiving the healing powers from a magical flower, the baby Princess Rapunzel is kidnapped from the palace in the middle of the night by Mother Gothel. Mother Gothel knows that the flower's magical powers are now growing within the golden hair of Rapunzel, and to stay young, she must lock Rapunzel in her hidden tower. Rapunzel is now a teenager and her hair has grown to a length of 70-feet. The beautiful Rapunzel has been in the tower her entire life, and she is curious of the outside world. One day, the bandit Flynn Ryder scales the tower and is taken captive by Rapunzel. Rapunzel strikes a deal with the charming thief to act as her guide to travel to the place where the floating lights come from that she has seen every year on her birthday. Rapunzel is about to have the most exciting and magnificent journey of her life. Written by Douglas Young (the-movie-guy) imdb.com

To tell you the truth I'm  a big fan of Disney, but not a big fan of Disney's Princess. Okay, I love LITTLE MERMAID and remember all its lyrics, but that was when i was little, too. Growing up, I learned that ,except for Mulan dan Princess & The Frog, the plot is all about damsel in distress. Actually, the original story of  Tangled IS about DID(as Philip from Hercules put it for 'Damsel in Distress'. haha, remember him?). Fortunately, somehow, Disney succeed to improvise the plot and made Tangled not as DID as it should be.

The ultimate reason why i love this movie is because:

1) IT'S FREAKIN HILARIOUS.  I laughed all the way through the end of the movie.There were some twist here and there, like Rapunzel who always saves Flynn,not the other way around. Ow ow, and White Horse which usually supposed to be a prince's best friends in the typical princess story? Yeah, in Tangled, White Horse HATES Flynn so much. haha

2) Flynn Ryder. Okay, he might be not  a prince who saved the princess( I mean, he's the one who always got saved by Rapunzel), but you can't deny that he's so funny, cute, and oddly charming.  Plus, Zachary Levi's voice match the personality and the funny side of Flynn.

3) Of course the songs. Disney,especially the princess series, is known with its incredible singing of characters to express their feeling while they're in conversation with somebody or when they're alone. This time I thank Alan Menken who succeed to bring up the classic sound of Disney songs in the 90s back to 21st century. My fave songs would be:

a)Mother Knows Best (love how Mother Gothel played with rhyme, such as "trust me pet,Mother knows best" and "Skip the drama,Stay with mama")

b)AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT (incredible duet from Zachary and Mandy..OMG, i think i'm in love with Zachary more and more.)

[caption id="attachment_159" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Scene for 'AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT' song. The lampoon festival is the most beautiful and romantic scene for me."][/caption]

4. Mother Gothel.

[caption id="attachment_158" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Mother Gothel: “I love you very much, dear.” Rapunzel: “I love you more.” Mother Gothel: “I love you most.”"][/caption]

For me, she's like the second best villain Disney has ever made( Hades is my no.1 on my list).  She's evil, but the way she talks to Rapunzel not to go outside and ended up with saying "I love you most" and hug her, that moment... I almost believed that Mother Gothel somehow did love Rapunzel not because of that girl's hair.  Not to mention, she's kinda funny, too.  One of the memorable scene between Mother Gothel and Rapunzel that I love :

Mother Gothel: Look in that mirror. I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady.
[Rapunzel smiles]
Mother Gothel: Oh look, you're here too.
[laughs]
Mother Gothel: I'm just teasing! Stop taking everything so seriously.

The point is, I love this movie so much, I even made an MV about it. Check it out:







The Songs in the video is called "AT LAST",  sang by the incredible ARETHA FRANKLIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment