Thursday, May 10, 2012

In Joan's Shoes (4) : Joan Harris

Hello again,people!
I'm back again with my "In Joan's Shoes" post, featuring people with the same name as I am, Joan.  Whether Joan is a guy, girl, famous, common, fiction, etc, I'll feature them in this brief post ;) 

We already had model and singer before, so why don't we learn a little bit about the fictional character? My choice this week would be, Joan Harris. Yeah, you know whom I talking about. That hot and saucy secretary from the Mad Men series.
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Mad Men series despite the fact it's taken place in the 60s. I dunno. I just hate how unfaithful all the male charas there. However, I adore Joan Harris,played by Christina Hendricks.





There are so many things I like about her.She's curvy and the fact that she embraces it makes her even more beautiful. She's saucy. She's so fierce and yet funny. She knows what she wants. Or just like the TIMES US correspondent said :

"Joan is a wonderful character: strong, funny, sexually alluring but also - as fans of the show will know - admirable. In Matthew Weiner's world, she was on the one hand the ideal office manager: capable, assertive and sexy, and then was revealed to be just as insecure as the rest of the characters, desperate to get married and acquire some kind of status. She ran the office with a rod of iron, fairly unsupportive of Peggy's proto-feminist determination to rise in the hierarchy. But she was also shown ultimately not to be her new husband's passive victim"
Tim Teeman, The Times US correspondent


No comments:

Post a Comment