Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sometimes.. the quieter the better

Most of people prefer to visit a new restaurant that is crowded by other people. The reason is because a crowded place means they serve great stuffs there. I agree to that statement.

However, personally, I choose to visit a famous newly-opened restaurant/cafe when it's  not that crowded. Okay it doesn't mean it has a few of customer. By a quieter  place, it can be it has not so many customer that day or the ambiance is not too noisy. Based on my experience,the quieter the ambiance is, the better.  My reasons are quiet simple:
  1. It's more relaxing to enjoy my meal. I don't feel the pressure to leave the restaurant immediately.  I can eat with a proper speed so that I  won't danger my tummy to be more bloated that it already has.
  2. The quality is more controlled. In a crowded place, chefs are rushing to serve as many as possible to meet those piles of order. Because of it, in some restaurant (especially the new opened one because they still catching up to get the right rhythm in kitchen), they intended to serve food that a lil' lack of quality. So the taste isn't as yummy as usual/ it should be.
  3. It's faster to get my meal.
  4. The service are much better and I get faster response. When the place is more quiet, it's easier to call the waiter. 
  5. My mindset hasn't been polluted by any other factor. I'll judge genuinely by how the food taste in my mouth. Here's the thing, the more the crowd, the slower  I got my food, and the more I become impatient. And when that  happen, my mind is automatically set to bad mood. By the time the food come, I will judge it with negative thoughts, no matter how tasty the food really is. I will find the slightest 'mistake' in that food.
Today, I just visited Kyo-dai Ramen. My sis chose to be seated on the 2nd floor. The thing is, I'm used to sit on 1st floor which was not too many people choose to sit there.

Omoo, what I experienced on 2nd floor is way different than the 1st one. It was filled by many people. Because there are so many people in quite small space, the space felt more crowded that it has to be. Not only that, because there are so many people, I had a hunch that my eating experience wouldn't be as good as usual.

And boy, was I right. It took  a longer time than usual for me to get my ramen. Usually, I have no problem to wait because I can enjoy the soothing music they played while I wait. However, because too crowded and rather noisy, I barely can hear the music. Also, I seat with a person who likes to critic when she comes to restaurant. She got annoyed, I got influenced by her because I can't distract my self with music, so I got a lil' bit annoyed, too.

Then after a long wait, our food came. The 2nd thing I'm worried about.. happened. I think the chef are rushing to make orders.  I mean last week, my friend ordered the same ramen and I taste its broth. The taste kinda not as good as I tasted last week.

My main critic would be for its cold noodle. It's not ice cold at all! :'(  It's just a cooled down room temperature ramen. I mean, when people order this, they expect to taste a refreshing ramen, right? At least, the chef should put ice cubes inside the noodle bowl. So that room temperature ramen would be cooler. Or maybe they could refrigerate either its dipping shoyu sauce or ramen first. If they did it, the noodle would taste better and refreshing as it should be when people dipped the ramen into the shoyu sauce.


So, lesson learned: NEVER EVER visited a restaurant(especially a new restaurant) when it's too crowded. Visit it when weekdays or when they have not too many visitors because its quality is more controlled. *elus-elus brewoknya Jon Kortajarena #eeeh XD


No comments:

Post a Comment