Sunday, January 15, 2012

Joan Loves.... Standing Sushi Bar

These past few weeks, 1st floor's circulation of La Piazza kinda sucks since there were 2 new restaurants in the making, replacing La Terazza. That means the connecting road was closed for a while.  And as a person who often taking La Terazza as my shortcut from MKG to 21 La Piazza, I kinda bothered with the renovation. However,knowing one of the restaurant would be a sushi bar, I decided to get along with it.


The first one who knew about this restaurant was my fella, @VleenSasta, since she basically the one who lives there (ya iyalah. jarak rumahnya dari MKG kan tinggal flying fox aja. bahaha). She told me  its name is STANDING SUSHI BAR. From its name, we kinda thought this would be one of those restaurants which makes its visitors standing while eating. But we wouldn't know that untill it's actually opened.


Well,after wondering and guessing, the waiting's finally over. This restaurant was opened today. Coincidentally,  coming home from Sunday Service, my aunt ,Mama Grace, wanted to visit MKG. But since both  valet services at MKG 3 & MKG 2 were FULL, we had to take our car to La Piazza.


As if it were fate that we had to go to that place,out of nowhere, My aunt asked me where the nearest place to eat was. So, I suggested, "Why don't we try that new place?" Yah,mumpung tante gue yang langganan nongkrongnya cuma Mall 5, dia oke-oke aja sama usulan gue. Skalian liat-liat gitu kan.


Standing Sushi Bar is placed on the 1st Floor of La Piazza,next to Celebrity Fitness. Lemme tell you this, standing next to my gym( right next to rpm class), I had slightly guilt visiting there. That class as if was like, "You've had big meals these past weeks,and yet you still wanna eat sushi?!!! Tomorrow you MUST attend this class!!!" Hahaha...



Okay, let's put all jokes aside...


Since it was its first day open, it was really CROWDED. Well, what can I say? Kelapa Gading people LOVES to try new restaurants. Every restaurant which opened for the first time here will always be packed by visitor....Tapi kayaknya di semua tempat juga gitu kali ya. Good thing we're coming with Mama Grace. With her bravery to make frank comment  about  why is it so hard just to get a seat , we only  had to wait like 5 minutes :D


So what is Standing Sushi Bar? Come to my surprise, we didn't have to stand while eating. There are  plenty of seats for all. So I asked the waitress where  its name came from. She replied, "When it was opened for the first time in Singapore, the visitor DID stand when they're eating. Seats were only provided at nights. But for the second branch and the third (which is here, in La Piazza) one, the visitor can seat while eating."  Oh okay, so that make sense :)






Because  this restaurant recently opened, they gave 2 promos. One of them,which we took, is Rp.13.800 for Salmon Sashimi (its original price is around Rp.50.000,00). Interested with the promos, we ordered 2 portions. xixixi,ogah rugi memang :D


When I opened the menu given to me, I literally was SHOCKED. The price range are   really pricey. The uber delicious set menus (at least from what I saw in the pictures)  were around Rp. 60.000,00-Rp 90.000,00. Nigiri are normal, start from Rp.15.000,00. Sushi Rolls start from Rp 30.000,00 for 2-4 pcs (cuma terletak di satu halaman T__T. Ga kayak di Sushi Groove yang setidaknya ada 2-3 halamanya yang harganya Rp29.000,00- 50.000,00an), for 6-8pcs are above Rp60.000,00.


Tonight we ORDERED full variations of SALMON Sushi. (Yah,kalo gue kan cuma pembelaan. Biar ga merasa terlalu bersalah, makan sushi yang Salmon aja. Enggak usah yang aneh-aneh pake udang,gurita,or even ayam. hahaha). Let's review it one by one :D


1) Shake Sashimi.



Ini 2 porsi yang ditaruh ke 1 piring :)

I was really happy to see this. They sure are generous about the slices of sashimi. In other restaurant, they're really stingy. But, this..for sashimi in Jakarta, these are big and thick sashimi slices. How was it? Heavenly Good!!! Salmon still fresh. Oh we know, because on this pack, there were 2 people who are so sensitive about seafood. Even 1 slight sign of unfreshness will made these people suffered for it. Okay, back to the food. The texture was so soft, it almost melted on my tongue. Add a lil' bit of soyu, it increases the savory of the salmon flavour. The only minus point  only how thin the slice of lemon was than the ration of sashimi itself. Ya masa, 2 porsi sashimi cuma dikasih 1 lemon slice? -___-'


2) Shake Cheese Fried



Shake Cheese Fried. It's served with mayo dips. Ordered by Cici Yola

This is cheese and kani(crabstick) rolled with a chunk of salmon,then fried with tempura flour(or some flour.i don't know.haha). Another generous slices of salmon. The taste was awesome,too.  For me it's like Salmon Kremes Sushi without rice,but even better.



See of thick the salmon is? :')

3)Spicy Shake Toro Maki. Haha,this was what I ordered.I had my own reason why I ordered this. I blame Haruhi from Ouran High School. Looking to this menu reminded me a scene from Ouran where the boys were shocked because Haruhi never tried  Otoro . The similiar name from that drama made me wanted to order it,too. (Alasan yang sangat enggak penting!!!!)



Cuma namanya doang yang mirip. Kalo yang ini,perut ikan tuna

Kalo yang gue pesen,perut ikan salmon. Yaaah,sama-sama perut. the special cut and the delicious one juga kan ya

This sushi is a salmon rolls with spicy topping above it. My first reaction: damn it's freakin' big for sushi. I mean, after spending my time in other Sushi restaurant in Jakarta,this would be the 1st one who gave me the biggest portion of rice and meat for sushi. Biasanya, gue bisa aja ngabisin satu sushi sekali masuk (I might have little arms,but, I Sure have big mouth when it comes to sushi,xixixi). Ini, gue harus memakai dua tahap lho(same thing went to shake cheese fried as well).. :D


How was it? It's spicy,creamy,soft,all at the same time. Eat it with wasabi= sheer joy of spiciness. Okay,it's not that hot,but it's spicy enough to have a kick in your tongue.


4.)Shake Aburi Maki This one was the last that came to our table, Mama Grace's order. It is a kyuri,kani, rolled with rice and salmon, torched,and garnished with fish eggs and mayo.


For me, this was another highlight after sashimi. I literally felt the 'cooking master boy'/"yakitate japan' sensation when I inserted it into my mouth. . If I were the baker from Yakitate Japan, My Reaction would be like this:



read it from right to left .Image credit: mangareader.net

Yup, I think I almost cry. So, what made it so enjoyable to eat wasn't only the tastiness of its salmon (we kinda expected it after three delicious salmon courses). But it's also because of those tiny fish eggs.  When you insert the sushi to your mouth, you'll feel the eggs burst and from which comes out the tasty and fresh fluid,so contrast with the warmth of torch sushi... Hahaha :')


THE CONCLUSION


There are no such thing as perfection in this world since it's only belong to THE ALMIGHTY. Of course this restaurant has a weakness.  The service was so SLOWWW. We have to wait almost 30 minutes(or more,I don't remember) to have each course came out to the table.Also it took like 15 minutes to have our bill came back to us. But, it was their first day after all. So they  had a lil' bit of hiccups in service department. Well, good thing both owners are aware of this condition. One of them, the owner from Singapore, came to our table and personally  apologized (ihik, chotto ikemen wa ne~ sayang udah punya pacar! ya kalee,jo) about how late the service was......Yah,karena saya kaget tiba-tiba ditembak suruh ngomong dengan bahasa Inggris, dengan malu saya akui kepada para Super LS Family, bahwa British accent gue enggak keluar. Inggris gue murni Inggeris Indonesia. T___T


Oh and his partner who owns Jakarta's branch is openly accepted the critics from Mama Grace, with a smile,too. hahaha


Kalo menurut Mama Grace sih, harganya standar aja kayak kalo lagi ke GI or Pacific Place. Bahkan menurut cici Irene(kakak gue yg lagi di Jepang sebagai mahasiswa Indonesia serba hidup pas-pasan), harga makanan Standing Sushi Bar itu lebih murah daripada restoran sushi di Jepang saat gue ceritain harganya ke dia lewat telepon.  Still for Me, it's a  bit expensive. (But then again, I'm just an university student who recently got broke from printing too many A4,A3,A2,A1,even A0 papers for final exams.) However, we  don't pay for nothing. The price suits its delicious taste and generous portion :)


If you're a SUSHI LOVER, I reccommended this restaurant to you. For more information,you can visit its official website: http://standingsushibar.com/


Rusaklah sudah rencana diet saya di hari minggu :'D Besok,rpm sama body combat lagi ya,Jooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment