Friday, February 17, 2012

Joan Loves.... make a comment about "The Vow"

The Vow Poster



THE PLOT


A car accident puts Paige (McAdams) in a coma, and when she wakes up with severe memory loss, her husband Leo (Tatum) works to win her heart again.(IMDB.COM)







My Thoughts


Sejak gue melihat trailernya tahun lalu, gue udah ngincer banget nonton ini. From its trailer, I already expected that this one of movies which makes me cry sampai ngabisin tissue. I mean,come on. You have two actors and both had played a role in based on Nicholas Sparks' novels. Both novels made me cry in the end of the story. "The Vow" also based on book (from what I heard).Not ordinary novel, but from TRUE STORY. Of course I thought this will be a great tearjerker romantic movie.


But I think I just set my hope too high.


In fact, Agmel and I didn't cry at all (except,my 3 friends who cried all the way through the movie).


Well, it's not a bad. I still have my favouritea moments, such as:


1) The Vow scene, which was so sweet. Leo and Paige read their vows at the art museum, then they were chased by security guard. It turned out, they married there without the place's permission. Hadeeeuh, hahaha.



2) All of Leo's efforts to make Paige fall in love with him again. He's so patient dealing his wife despite the fact that his wife didn't recognize him at all. He also asked her to date him again. But what I appreciate was even though he know the reason why Paige leave her family and her parents been so impolite to him. Ya masa dong, itu udah jadi suami orang,anaknya 'dipaksa secara halus suapaya Paige ke rumah ortunya aja. Kayak kurang aja, si Bapaknya nyuruh Leo buat menceraikan Paige padahal Leo itu bener-bener so sweeeet habiss jadi suami!!!!! Oke, lanjut, Leo didn't wanna say anything because he wants her to be happy . It looks like she was happy to see her family again after having amnesia and didn't remember anything,except her family. Dia mau Paige cinta sama Leo lagu bukan karena 'dirty secret yang bisa aja dikasih tahu Leo, tapi karena emang usaha Leo.



3) The heartbreaking moment when Leo decided to give up and let Paige go.  He said,"Your memories are not coming back. The fact is I'm still a stranger." Then she said," I'm trying not to hurt you. It's just that I'm tired of disappointing you...I hope that one day I'll begin to love the way you love me." Aaa, kasihaan Leo :(


4) The last, but definitely the best scene from the movie for me was  how Paige's Mum explained the reason she didn't leave Paige's Dad. She said, "I was ready to leave. Then one afternoon, I was alone at the house and I started looking at the pictures of you and your sister. And the house seems to be filled with us. I realized that is the important moment in my life and I couldn't just go.I chose to stay with all the right things he had done and not to leave with the one mistake he did."


Aaaa, that was so deep!!! I mean, as we know, there are so many people ended their relationship because they can't forgive the other's mistake. They just forgot why they fell for each other. But  from Paige's Mum, I can learn that in marriage the road might not be smooth all the time. At some point, our spouse possibly will make mistakes that hurt us. Either it's big or not, we can choose. We can choose to be angry and leave them. The other option,we can  choose to be hurt and angry for a while, but we still stay. After we calm ourselves down, we try to remember what the right things he/she had done to us that made us fall in love for him/her,stay with him/her, then help them to go back to the right path.


Okay those are my best moments in that movie.


However, I still feel there's something about this movie. So I had a little research about it. AHA~ Now I know what's been missing. It's missing the 'faith' part.


After I read an article, I kinda get it. Hollywood dismiss the "God" part on this movie to reach wider viewers. That's just too bad. Because for me they just erase the most important  thing --the essence-- of the story. I mean, it's hard if you do those efforts like Leo's without faith. Ini sama aja kayak bilang mau mesen bakso,tapi yang dikasih Abangnya cuma kuah kaldu,bihun,mie kuning, sambal, cuka, bawang goreng,tapi bakso enggak dikasih. Rasanya sih masih enak, tapi kurang afdol kan?


Conclusion


It's a sweet and romantic movie without being too hopeless romantic. Not too dramatic, but still make sense. Well, it is based on true story,anyway.


This movie is all about giving the second chance to the one you love.  Most importantly, It's also about how serious you take your wedding vow towards your spouse in your daily married life. If something bad happen to someone you love or that someone you love hurts you,will you still stay with them or choose to leave them? Are you ready to stay with them when the 'worse' parts come to your married life?


It has a deep message, I must say. But still, the movie's missing something.


No comments:

Post a Comment