Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lazy Saturday : Tamagoyaki... first trial...

Today is Lazy Saturday. No fitness, just making super guilty pleasure meal: Instant Jajjangmyeon and Tamagoyaki.

As a person growing up with manga,anime and J-dorama, I became a fan of Japanese cuisine.

All this time I always trying to figure it out how they make their fried egg or as they call it tamagoyaki so yummy and sweet.

Once I did it with milk.. it turns out not that great.. :(
Ow, and how they make the tamagoyaki layered so neatly?

One day, as I surfing youtube, I found this video

Aaaa.. the chef was chotto kawaii wa ne~ Hahaha, okay..aaa! so that's hot they did it.

So last week, when monthly groceries time's come, there I was buying 2 dozens of eggs.

 Then, this morning, I tried to make one. Of course, since I forgot to buy mirin , I had to alternate it a little. Instead of mirin, I used rice vinegar.In my silly thought, mirin is used for making sushi,right. This korean rice vinegar is also used for making kimbap (korean version of rolled sushi). Since mirin's also used to cook tamagoyaki, maybe rice vinegar can be its substitute. Hahaha, am i crazy or what? ahahaha

And because I was too lazy using that big square pan, so I used the little small frying pan. Beside I'm no cooking expert.  hehehehe..

This is my version of my first try making tamagoyaki :



I know it's not perfect. It's a little bit burnt and messy. But hey, I finally get the sweetness and I'm very proud of my trial.

Yossha~ next time I promise the result would be much better  than this XD

PS: if you don't have the dashi you can use a power fish stock. In my case, I have this Dasoda fish powder stock I usually used for making tteokboki.  Add a bit of sugar to add sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment