Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Butter

It's been a long time since the last time I review beauty products. Tiba-tiba aja jadi rindu. Hihihi.

Believe it or not, I'm going to be 22 years old now (Whaat?? You thought I'm 25? Oh well, saya sudah biasa dibilang bahwa tampang saya lebih tua dari umur aslinya). My aunty said I have to learn to put more make up, including to put some lipstick on.

I think she has a point. Maybe it's time to upgrade my make up ritual. I mean, since a year ago, I've started to upgrade my make up little by little. So until now, I already learned how to put some blush on, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner(which I stop using it because it makes me look even older and more evil), and face contour maker. Maybe it's time change from lip-gloss into lipstick...

The thing is I'm not a lipstick person. I scarcely use them. Cuma make lipstick ketika jadi penerima tamu di resepsi pernikahan saudara dan kalau dipaksa sama Tante aja. In my make up purse, I have ZERO lipstick. Why am I not so fond of them? First, because the color's too bold for me. Second, because I don't like its texture. And lastly, I feel old using them.

Honestly, I'm more a lip-gloss/lip balm person because its texture is more soft and glossy. Plus, I have chapped lips. So I love how lip-gloss makes my lips less chapped than it already has. This is also the reason why I only buy those two things.

But then I found Revlon Lip Butter.

From where I knew this product? Well, I have to blame Emma Stone for this. Since The Help, I became one of her fans. And a couple of months ago, I couldn't help notice that she became the new face of Revlon's product. I saw her poster when I walked by Watsons. Which product? Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, that is.




Here's a little somethin' somethin' about this product from Revlon.com:


- Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.
- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
- Available in 20 luscious shades


It's a lip-balm in lipstick form? And you can get all of those advantages only in RP 75.000,00 for each shade? Yay, Awesome!


I guess this one is for person like me, the one who wants to learn using lipstick but not ready to move on from lip-gloss. It gives a coverage like lipstick,but it's a balm which still gives the moisture my chapped lips need. Xixixi.


Creamsicle-Tutti Fruti- Cherry Tart- Cotton Candy


The day after I saw that Ad, I decided to buy 2 of them.Weeks later, I already have 4 shades in my make up purse.

Let's see them one by one. Oh, since my SLR has a fever,  I only use my webcam and camera phone. The picture's resolutions came out bad. I decided not to post them. Sorry . But don't worry, thanks to Revlon's Virtual Makeover, I can show you how the color turns out on my lips:


1)Creamsicle. It has a creamy light coral color. This one almost makes my lips look pale.



Creamsicle

2)Tutti Frutty. It has a bold coral color,almost bright orange.


Tutty Frutty

That's why I like to combine Creamsicle with Tutty Frutty to get a soften the color that comes from Tutty Frutty:


Creamsicle +Tutti Frutty


3)Cotton Candy. It has pale pink color. This is my favorite one. I use this for everyday look. The pink is like the one you see on Korean celebrity used.


Cotton Candy

4)Cherry Tart .I just bought this. It has a bright red, like cherry.


Cherry Tart


How about the promises Revlon told people from the ad? Is it true?

As a chapped lips owner, I have to tell you that they're not use the statement only to advertise their product. I feel my lips more moisture and soften. It's like wearing balm (enough moisture, but not wet)and shine like a lipgloss in a lipstick packaging.


Two things I should tell you,though :

1) The color shown on the stick will be way difference once it touches the lips. So, I recommend to try it on your lips first. So you know how the color comes out and whether it suits you or not.
2) It's not long lasting. The color only last for about 5 hours. So I have to re-apply it over and over again.



CONCLUSION
Despite the fact that the color's not long lasting and I have to re-apply it multiple times, I like this product. It's affordable, only Rp 75.000,00. It has great shades. Most importantly, it moisturize my chapped lips. Also it's a cheat option for those who haven't ready to leave lip-gloss world, but want to be seen like they're wearing lipstick... Basically, people like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment